Dr Gustav Gous
MD Short Walk Seminars (Pty) Ltd
Gustav obtained his Doctorate (cum laude), in Ecumenical Studies & International Relations from the University of Pretoria, following his research in Geneva, Switzerland. He also has degrees in Philosophy and Psychology. Abe Bailey Scholar. He lectured at the University of South Africa (4 years) and the University of Pretoria (4 years), and has published two academic books.
Professional life & Career:
- Executive Coaching: Gustav acts as a life coach for a number of senior executives. He has developed the Diamond Profiling© technique as structuring principle for psychometric information and the Life Mapping© method to integrate life/work planning. Also inter-cultural intelligence coaching for expat-executives. Experienced to do cross-cultural coaching with the help of a translator.
- He is also known for his counselling skills and acted as company counselor for the international petrochemical company Sasol for nine years. He has developed and presented ‘train-the-counselor’ programmes on ‘Counseling Skills in Corporate Context’ and ‘Basic Counseling Skills: HIV/AIDS’.
- Gustav is the founder and Managing Director of the company Short Walk Seminars (Pty) Ltd.
- Gustav is also known for his ‘Short Walk to Freedom’ transformational executive leadership programmes on Robben Island, as well as Change Management Interventions for companies.
- Motivational Speaker: He rates amongst the best motivational speakers in South Africa, and also tours the international motivational speaking circuit. He has spoken on 5 continents.
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP). Received the prestigious CSP award/certification in 2010.
- He has released 5 motivational audio CD’s.
- He is known for his keynotes on: *The Diamond Dream Team; *Use stress to achieve success; * Motivation beyond the summit; *Emotional intelligence at work; *Creating a great corporate culture; *The 4 Leadership Caps/Actions; *The 5 levels of living; *Diversity Intelligence: The 6 ways to relate to people; *How to interact with almost everybody: The Art of Intercultural Intelligence; *The 7 questions for a good life; *The Short Walk to Freedom.
- Past President of the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa (PSASA) 2009-10, Past President of the Pretoria Chapter of the PSASA.
- His monthly public seminars on ‘Life’ have impacted the lives of many: Co-author of the book ‘Get a Life in 40 days through 7 strategic questions”. www.get-a-lifein40days.com
- Gustav has extensive national and international experience not only as motivational speaker, but also as consultant, coach and facilitator, serving clients in Southern Africa, the Middle East, Far East, Europe, the UK, and the United Kingdom.
- Former Director: Blake Hall College, London, UK.
- Founding President: Diversity Intelligence Institute www.diviin.com : An International Group of specialists designing solutions and interventions to get diverse people (all kinds of diversities including culture) to work for a common goal: Mergers & Acquisitions, start-up companies, multi-nationals, companies with a multi-cultural workforce; companies with affirmative action and BEE policies.
- Gustav’s part time passion is to develop programmes to reconcile intra- and inter-religious differences and he has extensive experience in this field.
- He is Life coach on RSG’s weekly programme, Fiks vir die Lewe and also speaks regularly on Radio Pulpit.
Gustav was born in Namibia and is married to Annelize. They have three daughters: Jana, Nandi & Mila. He is a keen sportsperson (full provincial colours in athletics) and loves scuba-diving, mountaineering and skiing.
Contact details: +27 825657451 (mobile) +27 12 3455931 (office) email@example.com